Alcohol Licensing

Pierce & Kwok LLP — Hospitality/Alcohol Beverage Law Services

Experienced New York Liquor License Lawyers

The Law Office of Pierce & Kwok, PLLC is a leading full service law firm for the restaurant and bar industry in New York. Our attorneys represent New York restaurants, bars, clubs, taverns, delicatessens and liquor stores on a wide range of issues. From leasing a space and building your dream, to selling your business to work towards new goals, and everything in between, our firm can guide your path with experienced skill and understanding from all the angles.

Liquor Licensing

For many years now, dozens of New York businesses have successfully turned to Pierce & Kwok LLP to help them apply for and obtain liquor licenses and permits anywhere in the state, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk counties. Our knowledgeable and experienced lawyers help ensure that the liquor license application process goes as smoothly as possible for your business. We pride ourselves on providing personal, individualized attention to each and every one of our clients, consistently providing superior, detail-­oriented legal services, while utilizing our seasoned negotiating and presentation skills in working with area Community Boards to demonstrate the benefit each new enterprise will bring to its neighborhood. Whether you are opening a bar, restaurant, wine or liquor store, brewery or distillery, we can help.

Attorney Certification for obtaining a liquor license in New York State

When clients come to our firm, they get the added benefit of Attorney Certification. Most liquor licenses take  several months to obtain approval through the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA), but our experienced attorneys can self­‐certify liquor license applications so that you receive your license weeks and even months before the competition.


Experienced Litigation concerning a wide variety of departmental violations including New York City’s Department of Health (DOH), Department of buildings (DOB), Environmental Control Board (ECB), Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), the NYSLA, the FDNY and the NYPD


While our firm’s practice focuses on liquor license acquisition, we also handle liquor license violations and hearings, as well as other issues affecting your business. New York’s alcoholic beverage laws are extremely strict in regulating the operation of any business selling beer, wine or liquor. Violations can result in severe penalties, including suspension and forfeiture of liquor licenses. Attorneys from our firm regularly negotiate with prosecutors and represent businesses in many criminal and civil courts in New York City. Most importantly, however, we work with our clients from the outset to plan so that they can work to avoid violations from the start.


We represent businesses in the food and alcoholic beverage industry in a wide range of litigation, including employment litigation, contract litigation, and regulatory litigation. Our litigators have decades of experience pursuing litigating cases in New York.

Employee Relations

Every food and beverage establishment is first and foremost a business, which has many of the same issues that every business has. For example, restaurants, bars and delis are also employers. Our employment attorneys are experienced in representing businesses of all types, including those in the hospitality industry, in dealing with their employees. For example, we draft employment contracts and employee manuals. We represent bars and restaurants which have been sued for wrongful termination or harassment. Our attorneys represent employers when the Department of Labor accuses them of mischaracterizing employees as contractors. We defend employers when they are accused of failing to pay wages or overtime.

Pierce & Kwok LLP

Contact Us

To learn more about the services offered by our experienced lawyers to restaurants, taverns, bars, clubs, liquor stores, and other businesses in the hospitality industry, please email us or call (212) 882-1752